Saturday, January 23, 2010

How long do I have to stop feeding my cats before they'll start hunting mice to feed themselves?

I'm trying to cut back on my grocery expense, and I know they are supposed to be excellent hunters, but it's been 4 days, they all they do is meow at me looking at their food dish.How long do I have to stop feeding my cats before they'll start hunting mice to feed themselves?
You need to feeds your cats. If you can't afford you should buy smaller bags of cat food or cheeper bags. If you can't even afford that, you need to give them up. That's all I can say :)How long do I have to stop feeding my cats before they'll start hunting mice to feed themselves?
you should definetley feed them , but cut back on it alittle so there still hungry. i dont know, maybe you could buy a couple of mice and put them in a closed room with your cat and no escape places and let your cat's instincts kick in. good luck
Your an idiot.
I Agreee!!!
not agree with that
not agree with that
HEY. YOU SHOULD NEVER LEAVE YOUR CAT TO FEED ITSELF. I have two hunters who get mice frequently, but I feed them normally. Mice don't have all of the nutrient cats need, and what if they run out of mice to hunt? Seriously, dude.
Oh they're useless....ditch them and get an alley cat in. It's obvious you've over indulged them all their 9 lives...and they have lost their instinctive hunting abilities.
omg feed them! I know times are tough but you cant rely on mice. Even if they eat mice, there isnt a ever lasting supply of enough mice. And they could catch something and get sick or get you sick. Feed them cheaper cat food if you have to.
Why don't you put the two of them in a cage, give them nothing to eat, and wait until one kills and eats the other. Then you can let the survivor out and feed him like you normally would, but you've cut your cat food bill in half.





That's assuming you only have two cats.





If you have more than two cats, you must be one of those crazy cat people, and I'm surprised you can spell as well as you do!





Also, you're very good with the puncutation. I'm betting you only have two cats.
Are your cats exclusively outdoor cats? Even if they are, and you have been feeding them ';cat food';, then they will become dependent on the human hand-out. Have you thought about re-homing your cats, since you obviously can't afford them???
Have your kids pick up neighborhood cat or dog poop and feed them that. It's still very nutritious you know.
they probably don't know HOW to eat and kill cats because they've been fed by humans their entire lives.





once you domesticate an animal you ruin it's basic instincts.

No comments:

Post a Comment