Sunday, January 24, 2010

How were you treated by locals when hunting out of state or country?

By locals I mean the locals in the area you were hunting in outside your state or country.





Have you had a bad experience on that dream hunt you paid for in some other state or country?How were you treated by locals when hunting out of state or country?
I've hunted in nine US states, all Southern or Rockies, and two foreign countries, both in Latin America. I've had a few bad experiences on trips, but none caused by bad treatment from the locals.





I've been on guided trips where the guides were less than welcoming hosts and perhaps short on personality, but they more than made up for it in their hunting skills and after all, we were never promised luxury resort treatment, just a guide.





In most places I've found the welcome for visiting hunters is in direct proportion to the distance from large cities. If you are flying, don't fly in camo or obvious hunting gear unless you want to be stared at at the airport, especially after you picked up your gun cases.





I've driven in to towns that have big banners across Main St. that say ';Welcome Hunters';. Some of your small towns in south and west Texas that rely on the tourists dollars brought in by visiting deer hunters to the area go out of their way to make hunters welcome and want to come back next year.How were you treated by locals when hunting out of state or country?
No, (bad treatment by locals on hunting/fishing trips)


But I have notice in my travels (I used to travel 320-340 days a year) that Southerners are much warmer to strangers on the whole. I have met and made GOOD friends in the NY area too, but on average they (northerners) tend to be too busy or caught up in their own lives to be friendly with strangers.
I was treated pretty good. In fact I got invited back too! :D





And I had a bad dream hunt (lol). I fell out of the back of the truck and then got eaten by a moose. Lol.
I have been treated very well by locals....they appreciate the money I brought in .....Colorado and Canada
well the people hunting with us and the other hunters were nice


but the local citizens in town


some were kinda mean.


trying to take advantage of us.





but nothing too bad
No bad experiences!


Not cheap enough to let bad experiences happen.
there were hardly any ppl around other than the one who came out of her house and talked of her bereavement

No comments:

Post a Comment