Sunday, January 24, 2010

What are the neccesary accesories for deer hunting?

I realized today that my pack is empty besides a knife/saw/gutting hook. I really don't wanna go hunting and not have the proper supplies.What are the neccesary accesories for deer hunting?
add a compass, flashlight, fire starter (wp matches in a pinch)








I carry a couple of pr of latex gloves, some ziplock bags and 50 of 3/8 rope





The farther out I hunt the more stuff I carry... but I sort of base the list on..What does it take to dress and perserve the carcass?... and What would i need to spend the night in the woods/What are the neccesary accesories for deer hunting?
It depends on how close to the house you are. I NEVER leave the house without


1. Telling someone where I will be hunting and when I plan on being back


2. Weapon of chose


3. Extra Ammo


4. Phone that is charged


5. Knife


6. Water


7. Snack


Everything else in my pack is optional. Like scents, extra jacket, seat, blind, or stand. I normally hunt within walking distance of house I would increase pack size if farther from home.
You might want to toss in a game bag, and some rope and a small block and tackle for hanging your deer up to skin it .


I've been in situations where it was more sensible to skin it and bone it out right on the spot especially if you are a few miles in and just pack out the meat on the first trip out and then go back and retrieve the hide and head later!................it's an Idea...they don't all die right by the road!
And how do you expect to get that deer out of the woods?


You need rope if your going to drag it out (tie it around the head to where when you pull the rope, it lifts the head) or do you plan on butchering it in the field? If so, you'll need 2x as many plastic bags. You'll want to double bag it.





Add a compass, matches, warmer layer of clothes (you want to dress in layers), a flashlight and basic survival gear just in case.
flash light


binoculars


range finder


scent killer


scent attractant


boots that are warm and keep out water


cell phone


knives (long and short)


gloves


camo


blind or stand


gun


some way to get the deer back to the car


tarp for the deer


ice


food drink


magazine to occupy time


orange vest


ammo


sight in your gun.


hunting rules book
Maybe some granola bars, water would be good. I know when I'm out I get thirsty and hungry so I take a FEW items.


If you hunt from a tree stand 30' of nylon string and a treble hook..Why these you may ask...because it's a pain in the rear to have to get back down out of your stand to pick up that nice warm hat or glove you dropped.





Maybe a small pump bottle of cover scent.


Extra cartridges (not a whole box mind you).


A whistle isn't a bad idea if your going into really rough country..if you get hurt you may not be able to talk or cry out for help ..but if your breathing you can still blow the whistle.


A topography map a good idea also. I put mine in a Ziploc bag.


It's the same one I used to mark game trails on and where I found crossings, beds, food ect.
Like many have said it depends on how far you are going in and what the climate is like and how many people are in your party. Basic survival kit with water,food,matches,light,rope,tarp,game bag plus a back up gun and extra knives. A gps and mirror and cell phone.
First off, you shouldn't go out alone, second, if your inexperienced you should at least try to find someone in your area that you know who has done this before.
a deer and a gun to shoot that deer.
a gun
Well then don't go hunting free, wild animals at all
  • discount makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment